2021 upcoming and planned events
- Our regular New Year’s Resolution Health Walk was held on Sunday, January 17. Only five people were permitted to participate because of Covid-19 restrictions.
- We will be repeating this walk in March, after less restrictive Covid-19 limits on public gatherings are in place. Please check later for more details.
- Other planned activities are on hold due to Covid-19. Please check later for more news regarding the resumption of FCTMP activities.
Completed Activities for 20202020 did not offer too many opportunities for group events, but we squeezed in a few activities
- Checkout out 2020 year in review:
- The popular Bat Monitoring Walks through Cedarbrook Park are completed for this year. See the Bat Monitoring Program page for more details.
- Checkout our virtual pumpkin parade on YouTube:
Next Regular Meeting
- The Next Friends’ meeting will be held on Tuesday March 16 at 7:00 pm, most likely using Zoom. Invitations via the FCTMP email list or by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
About us: Hello! We are the Friends of Cedarbrook Park and Thomson Memorial Park. Welcome to our website! We use this website to post general and historical information about our Friends’ group. For recent and upcoming activities and events, check our Facebook page. As a local community group, our purpose is to promote the appreciation and appropriate use of the wonderful parks in our community, to advocate for improvements, and to support their natural beauty and environment. All are welcome to attend our meetings and events. Join us and you can volunteer your time and energy as you are able. Meet neighbours and make some new friends, too. Anything and everything you contribute will go towards making our parks and our community a better place to live! Contact us at: email@example.com or send a message via our Facebook Page (Facebook login required) Click here for map TD Park People Grants: The Friends were grateful recipients of a TD Park People grant to host 3 events in our parks in 2019. More details about the TD Park People grant and our events at: https://friendsctmparks.wordpress.com/td-park-people-grants/ We work with Toronto Park People:
“Park People is the catalyst for better parks across Toronto. Our parks are not as good as they should be and we know that when residents get involved, parks get better. That’s why we are working with nearly 100 park friends groups, city workers and other partners to plant more trees and gardens, fix broken infrastructure and get more people out celebrating their communities through parks.” http://www.parkpeople.ca